Frequently Asked Questions
SafePro Roof Hatch Safety Rails are patented and made of 100% steel, not fiberglass. The entire system consists of 10 bolts and four rails, and it can be installed in under 30 minutes. SafePro safety rails come with a 8-year warranty, and a three year finish warranty. The design is ergonomic, OSHA compliant, and eliminates the need for a ladder up or a telescoping pole. The self-closing gate provides two additional ladder rungs for safe and easy access to the roof.
Yes. Our roof hatch safety rails come in standard sizes and will retrofit on almost every brand of hatch currently being sold in the marketplace. Additionally, we can manufacture custom sizes to meet your needs.
One of the many things that sets us apart from other rails designs is the simple yet durable design. Our rails consist of only 10 bolts and 4 pieces, and can be installed in under 30 minutes. They are mounted to the drip edge, so no penetration takes place, and the roof warranty remains intact.
For standard in-stock items, we will ship within 4 business days. For non-standard (custom) or out-of-stock items, shipment will be 10 business days. The one exception is custom sized roof hatches, which can take up to 6 weeks.
You can order standard items here on our website or you can contact a local representative in your area, or you can call us direct at 1-877-723-3570.
1910.28(b)(3) Holes. The employer must ensure:
- (i) Each employee is protected from falling through any hole (including skylights) that is 4 feet (1.2 m) or more above a lower level by one or more of the following:
- (A) Covers;
- (B) Guardrail systems;
- (C) Travel restraint systems; or
- (D) Personal fall arrest systems.
- (ii) Each employee is protected from tripping into or stepping into or through any hole that is less than 4 feet (1.2 m) above a lower level by covers or guardrail systems.
- (iii) Each employee is protected from falling into a stairway floor hole by a fixed guardrail system on all exposed sides, except at the stairway entrance, However, for any stairway used less than once moer day where traffic across the stairway floor hole prevents the use of a fixed guardrail system (e.g., holes located in aisle spaces), the employer may protect employees from falling into the hole by using a hinged floor hole cover that meets the criteria in § 1910.29 and a removable guardrail system on all exposed sides, except at the entrance to the stairway.
- (iv) Each employee is protected from falling into a ladderway floor hole or ladderway platform hole by a guardrail system and toeboards erected on all exposed sides, except at the entrance to the hole, where a self-closing gate or an offset must be used.
- (v) Each employee is protected from falling through a hatchway and chutefloor hole by:
- (A) A hinged floor-hole cover that meets the criteria in § 1910.29 and a fixed guardrail system that leaves only one exposed side. When the hole is not in use, the employer must ensure the cover is closed or a removable guardrail system is provided on the xposed sides;
- (B) A removable guardrail system and toeboards on not more than two sides of the hole and a fixed guardrail system on all other exposed sides. The employer must ensure the removable guardrail system is kept in place when the hole is not in use; or
- (C) A guardrail system or a travel restrain system when a work operation necessitates passing material through a hatchway or chute floor hole.
Founded in 2009, Rooftop Anchor has quickly grown to become one of America’s leading experts in providing OSHA-compliant suspended access and rooftop access fall protection systems. They are a full service company that designs, manufactures, installs, and certifies fall protection equipment to make your work environment code compliant. They acquired the SafePro Safety brand in 2018 and are excited expand their service offerings to include SafePro’s high quality and easy-to-use roof hatch systems. For more information on Rooftop Anchor, please visit our website.